A blog from the back end nowhere of Israel

Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm still alive!

The bus drove through the wall. I knew I won't like it, and I didn't.

Roadsigns in Arabic, cars with blue and white license plates. I don't like it. It's not that I got something against them, but many of them got something against us.

The base? I don't know how much I can tell. On a mountain, watching over Palestinian towns and villages. Small and rusting.

We have more wildlife then I'm used to, especially of the poisonous kind - snakes, scorpions, and a while ago I saw a pretty big centipede.

I think I'm going to like it there after all. In the beginning I was depressed because I knew I'll have to carry a weapon all the time, and serving in such a dangerous place isn't exactly for my taste. I got used to it though.. and now I think that I'll be fine.

-Sasyl

0 comments: