A blog from the back end nowhere of Israel

Friday, February 09, 2007

Goodbye desktop email!

Finally Google enabled the "Get mail from another account" feature.. and finally I can return to using my old spam ridden email address that I got from my ISP almost 6 years ago..
Right now it's fetching all the unread mail in the box, probably thousands of those - It's pretty slow - only 5 or so new mails every time I refresh. But it's good enough.

So pretty -


So, is this another step towards to Google OS? I think so.. making it less a mailbox and more of a desktop replacement is a big step in my mind - especially due to Google's superior spam filters (the power of the masses pressing the "Mark as spam", along with Google's algorithms).

Nice one Google, I've been waiting since I first heard about it.

Sasyl out.

0 comments: